Easter Sunday was a nice day overall. We really missed our family in California and especially hunting eggs with all the cousins, but on the plus side: less competition - Lily finally got the golden egg! :) And she liked the Book of Mormon and the scripture bag I made her. I made Sierra a little purse too with just the fun lining material. I asked Sierra to hold up her favorite thing she got in her Easter basket, and this is what she held up:
We watched general conference in the morning had a nice ham lunch, and I made our favorite homemade rolls, and then we took some family photos and let the girls hunt their eggs. Lily got the golden egg, and immediately shared some of the money inside with her little sister, and then started taking eggs out of her own basket and re-hiding them so Sierra would get more because she didn't think she had as many - even though they were pretty close to the same amount full! :) Love my sweet girl! We blew some bubbles for them afterwards and both girls were so excited jumping around trying to catch them it made us think back to when Mike and I were nursery leaders at church when Lily was Sierra's age! I got a bit sentimental - seeing my tall girl playing that way and knowing it won't last much longer - my babies are growing too fast!
The weather held out for us to have a nice spring day in the backyard and then the next day it snowed! But it warmed up again just in time for my birthday and we are enjoying 70 degree weather now. It's really beautiful right now with all the spring flowers coming up through the neighborhood. We've been barbecuing on the back patio because we just can't wait for summer. Still haven't found our little home of our own yet, and we cannot wait to be done hunting and get on with living!!! I'm not gonna lie - this has been one of the most stressful times in my life, and I've not been enduring it too well. But I'm trying to count my blessings and my family is at the top! Enjoy the photos!
This is the scripture bag I made Lily. I tried to pick something that would be fun and that made me think of Lily and that would go with a lot of things & I gave it a cross body strap because I knew Lily would like that better than a short handle. I really like how it turned out. Might have to make myself a purse like this :)
I gave it a little room to grow because we just got her a starter Book of Mormon and I know how she like to stick extra things in her bags. There's a little zipper pocket on the back for that too. Here she is modeling it:
Just threw this in there because you can see Lily's missing teeth so well! :D This was just after the girls had been so patient to take a gazillion family pictures, and right before we said: "Let's hunt Easter eggs!" That turned her frown upside down.
The Egg Hunt
This one makes me smile. Love her little ladylike saunter with the basket over her shoulder.
Family Photos
The weather held out for us to have a nice spring day in the backyard and then the next day it snowed! But it warmed up again just in time for my birthday and we are enjoying 70 degree weather now. It's really beautiful right now with all the spring flowers coming up through the neighborhood. We've been barbecuing on the back patio because we just can't wait for summer. Still haven't found our little home of our own yet, and we cannot wait to be done hunting and get on with living!!! I'm not gonna lie - this has been one of the most stressful times in my life, and I've not been enduring it too well. But I'm trying to count my blessings and my family is at the top! Enjoy the photos!
This is the scripture bag I made Lily. I tried to pick something that would be fun and that made me think of Lily and that would go with a lot of things & I gave it a cross body strap because I knew Lily would like that better than a short handle. I really like how it turned out. Might have to make myself a purse like this :)
Just threw this in there because you can see Lily's missing teeth so well! :D This was just after the girls had been so patient to take a gazillion family pictures, and right before we said: "Let's hunt Easter eggs!" That turned her frown upside down.
The Egg Hunt
You think she was excited about that gold egg!?
This one makes me smile. Love her little ladylike saunter with the basket over her shoulder.
My girls make me smile
Mmmm candy!
This girl! :)
Checking out the spoils!
My no longer nursery Baby!
Family Photos
Sometimes the blurry ones are just too cute not to share :)
Sierra was trying to be princess like and copying Lily.
Lily's got this curtsy thing down!
I love my girls so much!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment