Despite us old folks feeling kind of bleh we had a lovely time listening to General Conference today and dyeing eggs in between. We made our traditional Rice Krispie Treat nests on Friday and took one over to a neighbor lady across the street. Life is crazy. We've been pretty stressed out over house hunting. It's good to focus on the kids and making things fun for them, and really good to have conference to soak in. Need that perspective and peace from the music and messages. Can't wait for tomorrow! I made Lily a scripture bag to give her her first starter Book of Mormon. She's such a good reader and loves reading the scriptures so much as family each night that I decided not to wait til she's eight. We'll get her a nicer set then. We wanted to give the girls some more spiritual gifts along with the fun springtime stuff. I hope she likes the scripture bag - I really tried to make it something she'd like - not
just something I liked when I picked out the fabric. I'll post a picture later & the girls in their dresses too. Really missing my family this year & I know Lily and Sierra will be. Hoping they will have a fun Easter even still!
Getting ready to dye eggs today
the cutest girls ever (forgive me if I'm biased)
Egg artists at work
Lily used leftover metallic paint to make a note for the 'Easter Bunny'
I'm hoping we won't need a sudden visit from the tooth fairy this weekend too -
this girl has at least 3 wiggly teeth and her two front ones still haven't come in yet!
1 comment:
Miss you all so much! Great pictures and stories! Love, Your Mom
Post a Comment