Monday, January 23, 2012

Sunday photos and donuts falling from trees

We stopped by a park to take some photos on the way home from church on Sunday. I haven't taken many of me pregnant this time, and it's been a while since I could get Lily to cooperate for a few photos - especially when we are home and there are so many other things she could run off to - so I thought while we were all dressed up we should seize the moment and try it out at the park.

Lily was more interested in running off and making faces, and managed to get mud all over her stockings, but we did get a few cute shots.







And she's off...
She's fast.
Back again!
A little angel...
Off and running again!
 And back to me...This is me at 25 weeks along (3 and a half months to go).





Love Lily's face in this one :)
And these goofy smiles too!

A funny thing happened while we were taking photos under a tree. A mini chocolate donette dropped from the sky, as if it were a falling pine cone. I recognized it and laughed because we had just been talking about how much we were craving donuts in the car, and mulling over maybe making some since we didn't have any at home. Lily and I ran over to inspect it to make sure that's what it was. A group of kids from up the hill were obviously the ones responsible. I thought it was a funny coincidence because of our conversation and how it looked like it fell from the tree, but Mike was mad that someone was throwing donuts at his family. He picked it up and hurled it back at them. I thought it was funny that we would both have such different reactions. I guess I could see his point that if the donut had hit Lily in the face - I wouldn't think it was so funny. It probably could actually have hurt her being thrown from that distance. And it is kind of rude to throw donuts at people. I guess I just figured they were kids and had a hard time taking it seriously. Mike's protector instincts were up and if he had actually seen the kids throw it there would no doubt have been a confrontation. Just curious -- How do you think you and your spouse would react to that situation?

2 comments:

Francesca said...

I love her silliness! Your skirt is cute and you look great. Justin and I would have reacted probably the same way as Mike and you.

Rachel Wattson said...

Jesse would have thrown it, me too.