First Day of the New Year - new time at church, and a new class for Lily. Lily started Sunbeams today! Out in the entry she got her Nursery teacher's attention to tell her she wouldn't be in her class today. She had one visit to Primary sharing time before Christmas and had decided that her new class was going to be boring - no snack! and they'd just have to sit still in their chairs the whole time! So of course she shared that information grumpily with her Nursery teacher. I've been trying to reassure her that she'd probably get to color and tell her she'd go in two different rooms with her friends from Nursery, and do singing time - which she always loved in Nursery. Her old teacher very enthusiastically told her she would love her Sunbeam class. Lily was not convinced. I have to admit I was a bit anxious about how she would behave today. I didn't think she'd do anything wild, but she might just sit in her chair with her arms folded and a decided scowl the entire time. I can't exactly know how she acts when I'm not there, but that's how she makes it seem she'll act. She gets that face and talks about how much she will miss us, and tilts her head all the way down to her chin with her eyes looking all the way up at everyone else distrustfully. When I picked her up from her Sunbeams class she was decked out in a pink 'I Am a Child of God' crown, with a handful of colored pages, a CTR ring fitted around her little finger, and a wide smile with pink chap-stick smeared all over it - and all the way across her face! She was so cute, so happy - with sparkling eyes! Each kid got their own CTR chap-stick. She always wants mine, so she was ecstatic about it. I think it was inspired. Thank heaven for good teachers. I'm hoping she will start next week with a much improved attitude! Wish I'd taken a photo of her happy chap-stick face!
A Little Lost
4 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment