Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Pioneer Day!

I can't believe July is almost over and I've only posted twice! I am often of two minds about my blog, and any other activity that means I am spending a lot of time [always so relative] on my computer. I want to preserve and share the things we are going through and doing, but not shift my whole life to the internet if you know what I mean. So since we redid our crowded little living room to free up space and I switched from a desktop to a laptop I've found myself not getting on here as frequently. That was actually a part of the remodel plan. Partly I've just been extra busy, but partly I've just been enjoying living in the real world more than trying to write about it. Sometimes I just have too many ideas going through my head to think where to begin and what to share. It can feel overwhelming. And I feel inadequate at truly expressing my thoughts, but I know I'll only get better by continuing to try. I still love to blog, and I love the little community I've connected with so don't think I'm done! :)

It is amazing how much a fresh clean organized space helps me feel freer and happier. I think it's also the artistic side of it. I was so sick of looking at our mismatched furniture and spotty carpet. With all the effort I put into cleaning - the room still didn't look good. I am so glad we changed it up. We should have done this years ago! We didn't plan to be here this long, but plans don't always work out - so as long as you're making improvements - living a little more for the now is a good idea! Especially where you spend the majority of your time. Totally worth it. Now Lily can play play-doh directly on the floor and peeing on it is not such a big disaster. So many of the little problem areas that always troubled me have been eliminated. I feel like a new person. New to do list. Spending more play time with Lily is up at the top!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

A nice redone space sounds so good to me! Of course I think my OB would strongly discourage anything like that right now, & I know my husband would veto it. Oh well. Maybe I need use my imagination Anne of Green Gables style and redecorate my house that way....

Lissy said...

I love your comments! You have an Anne-like philosophy to life! Yes, probably not the best thing to take on when you're pregnant! It was a lot of work, more than we thought it would be, but now it's SO easy to clean the floor! And all of us are just naturally chipping in more to keep it looking good. Getting rid of a lot of stuff helped, of course. I think the floor alone was probably the best change - if I lived nearby I'd grab Mike and come help you do at least that! Much cheaper to install it yourself. If you wanted to - it isn't as comfortable to sit on, it's louder and stuff might break easier that falls on it rather than on carpet, but I'm loving it still. :)