Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Unpacking

It took a week or two before Mike got the time or inclination to get his art stuff out of storage and into the studio. Not his typical speed of unpacking at all - he's usually done within a day or so whenever we move. I think we just needed a break after all that concentrated effort! Then all of a sudden one night Mike was pulling his old trunk out of the garage. He'd already taken out his last unfinished painting he'd been planned to start out painting on again. I excitedly grabbed my camera and ran to help!



It was kind of emotional getting out and going through all this stuff. At least for Mike and I... It had been over 3 years. Mike finally started painting again the other night! So glad! It was good to do this.


Ah, memories :)

Lily was very interested in all the art supplies and excited to start painting too! We've been promising her she could paint with Dad in the studio, and she does not forget promises like that!


Future artiste?
 As long as you have a back-up plan, my dear. Or perhaps I should specify: a more practical career path!


First oil painting

2 comments:

brooke said...

wow! how awesome! i'd love to see more of his work.

Heidi said...

I'm so impressed!! The art studio is amazing-- lots of work but looks like it will be perfect! I bet it will mean the world to Mike to get painting again.