Lily is still amazing me every day. Kids really do grow and learn so very fast! Lately she's been memorizing and performing all these songs... I will have to devote a post to it because it's pretty cute and I'm sure I've got some video. The last few days she's also been surprising me with how much she hears and understands. I know she's smart, but I guess I didn't realize just how much she listens and processes things - it kind of scares me actually. Just a little bit.
Anyway, Lily often asks for stories out of my head when I'm putting her to bed. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood (meaning: too tired to think straight), but I can usually come up with something. Most of the time it's a story about a little girl named Lily and something she did that day, or something she should have done, occasionally it get a little more creative. Last night after a slightly more creative version Lily told me a story! It started off:
"Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess with dark hair...It was mom!" Lily was smiling up at me with her arms around my neck as I knelt by her little low bed. I felt so surprised and loved in that moment and glad to be the mom of this little sweet girl! I admit I had tears in my eyes. She proceeded to describe my crown and then tell about a monster called a "Yucka-monster" who came along and slimed me with it's slime-juice, but it was OK because I washed it off in the sink.
Life is better with little ones in it. I love you, Lily!
A Little Lost
4 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment