So I haven't had a lot of time to blog lately, mostly because I just haven't been able to stay up late to work on things lately. I guess I've needed the sleep more! But I have a bunch of cute pictures and things to share from March (even though it was kind of crazy) - so expect some back tracking.
Another way I am marching backward -- I've lost almost 7 lbs now! I am still keeping a food journal and I am exercising for at least a half hour usually 5 days a week. That is huge for me. Most of the time once I get going I just push myself a little more to try and burn more calories - so most days when I get on the stationery bike I've been averaging about 10 miles. Some days I try to do something else as well, like walk with Lily or dance in our living room with her. She needs to get up and move more too -- though hopefully she will add some pounds of muscle rather than lose weight. I kind of wish I was losing faster, but at least I am making good changes! I've lost a couple of inches too, so that is motivating. I've even made more changes in how I eat than I originally thought I would. I'm trying to incorporate more vegetables into our daily diet. I was inspired by a friend on facebook who is eating nutritarian. I LOVE this Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchilada Recipe she shared. It's so nice to try new things - we were getting pretty bored of our old standbys. I will share some good recipes as I collect them, though not all are low calorie at least they are made up of good for you food. It is hard work to lose weight! I've never wanted to go on diets so I am considering these changes my new lifestyle and not rushing them. I keep repeating to myself something my friend Heidi said: "Make exercise a priority." For some reason that simple call to action has stuck in my head. It's important to me to take good care of my body and help set a good example for my children to be healthy as well. Sometimes I just have to let other activities go (like blogging), as much as I love them. :)
3 comments:
I'm glad that you are doing so well with the exercise and food! Small changes that you can live with permanently are the best way to go, in my opinion. As for things going fast enough, most people who lose weight quickly also put it back on quickly. A year from now, with a small but steady pace you will probably have some very significant results to look back on, where if you lost too quickly, a year from now it might all be back on. At least that's how I tried to look at it any time I got impatient :-)
I wish I was living by my own exercise motto at the moment but the nausea and the exercise don't go together. I'm hoping that I will have a little window in the middle of the pregnancy where I'll be able to do some low impact stuff again before my OB bans me from exercise altogether.
Thanks for all your words of encouragement, Heidi! It really helps. I hope you get over the nausea soon and have a great pregnancy! :)
Congrats and good luck! I was doing well, but with my family visiting, being sick, birthdays, and a baby shower, I've made some steps backwards.
Post a Comment