Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Really Random

I really don't understand the supposed benefit to daylight savings. The only argument I've heard for it that makes sense to me is that it's lighter for kids at the bus stop. Is it really that much lighter? It sure is lame for people who work in an office all day and rarely see the sun. Here you are working so hard to pay for this house and you rarely get a chance to see the sunlight coming through it's windows. I vote we opt out.

When some food item seems like it is too expensive at the grocery store -- I just don't buy it, and then I wish I had some, but even if it's that same expensive price everywhere I go I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on it when I know it used to be so much cheaper before!

How can tomato sauce makers think I'll be willing to pay just as much for a can of tomato sauce as I do for a can of soup when the soup is an entire meal and a can of sauce is just one ingredient in a recipe? Sometimes it seems like it's coming to that.

Our church makes the best instant mashed potatoes! Almost as good as the real thing, and such a good deal. You should buy some for food storage. Another good thing about being Mormon.

I've heard that the US is planning on banning incandescent light bulbs in favor of fluorescent and that makes me want to stock up. Fluorescent lighting is so depressing, I'd rather use candles. Blech - the ugly flicker! It messes with my eyes.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm a fan of the church instant mashed potatoes too, but no one in my family will eat them but Marianne! Of course, no one eats potatoes in almost any form. I even have french fry haters.

Francesca said...

I love those instant mashed potatoes too! Great for camping too.