Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Baby!

Lily is 14 months old! She is walking like a pro and almost running. She does get kind of wobbly and fall down when she's tired or too excited, but she doesn't have the mummy arms so much anymore -- which is kinda too bad... It was so cute, and that would've been an easy Halloween costume. Her favorite thing to do is 'go outside' and that is exactly what she says pretty much all day long...but, I can't really blame her...Outside there is bark, rocks, dirt and leaves to pick up and throw all around! - FUN! Way more fun than toys!

Lily loves the beach, the park, and playing with water. She especially loves playing with and following around her big cousins Evie and Isaac.

 


 

 

 
She is learning more new words all the time now. I read once that after children learn 50 words they start to come faster and easier and that seems about right. I noticed a sudden surge in Lily's vocabulary so we made a list. We wrote down 80 we know Lily understands and uses, and she's learned even more this past week or so. It is so awesome to see her learning by leaps and bounds. I know it's probably not too thrilling to hear parents talk about their kids doing ordinary things that almost everybody learns to do...but when it's my kid - doing it for the first time, learning something new - it is so cool!  I'm sure if you're a parent or work closely with kids you understand. I was looking back through old photos and I can't believe how much she has grown in so short a time! I miss my sweet little baby, but I love my sweet little toddler! It's hard - it can be really really hard at times, but I'm so glad I get to be her mom!


 

 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

She is adorable! I love the beach picture of her!