It is scorching hot. Yesterday Mike had a free afternoon, and so - though we had many other things to do - the beach was calling us! The beach is our haven since we don't have a place of our own. What better place to relax and be renewed and entertain a little outdoors girl for hours on end. We ran into Judy and Gloria who had the same great idea. It was so nice, and my favorite - the hot shower afterward! Nothing makes you feel more alive and more clean than a hot shower after a day at the beach. I really don't mind if the weather can't make up it's mind what season it wants to be. Variety is the spice of life. Every season has it's good points - just like every place. I loved summer afternoons in Boulder, Colorado. Every day at around 1:00 it would rain like a monsoon for about a half an hour, and then the sun would come out again with rainbows and a fresh washed face. Storms are so exciting. It did make us worry now and then since we lived right next to the river in a flood zone, but at least we were on the second floor. I didn't take my camera yesterday, but here are some pictures from when we lived in Colorado and one from my phone of sandy Miss Lily and her little lamb in the car on the way home.
August on the Way Out
1 month ago





1 comment:
I'm so glad you commented on my blog, I didn't know about yours before and I didn't know you had a daughter!! She is so cute!!!
I love storms too, they are so exciting!
Post a Comment