Saturday, May 19, 2018

Mother's Day

I had a pretty wonderful mother's day this year. Feeling a bit like I'm living for the weekends now that I'm working, and luckily Mother's day weekend happened to be amazing. Great weather, sweet kids, getting out in nature, good food, & just enjoying the day. Friday morning I went to the donut day with the kids at school & we waited in line to take a picture with the banner I made for the event - one small thing I could do for their school even though most of my time I am working.


The girls got me something they knew was one of my favorites for breakfast Sunday morning -- and Lily decorated the table, because I told them in advance I didn't really want to eat my breakfast in bed. Little fact: powdered donettes were a big pregnancy craving for me -- so it's kind of funny and appropriate that they would get me that mother's day! (We don't usually eat that kind of thing for breakfast, except maybe on a road trip.)


Some more of my awesome mother's day gifts!

a telescope from Sierra and a tiny book

A close-up of one page that says "mom pretty"

A torn paper card Lily made in school with a whale in a heart.
A message inside said I love you to pieces.

Mike & the girls also picked out a beautiful hanging basket of flowers for our back porch.


(Hold up! - this is more than one picture)
The girls & I trying to take a selfie, but Sierra is just too funny for her own good!


Possibly the best of the bunch, though I like some of the blurrier ones where we are all laughing!

We decided to have a mother's day picnic at Indian Painted Rocks because the weather was supposed to be really lovely, and after a winter of being cooped up we really needed to get outside and appreciate this beautiful world God made for us! So glad we did!

By the way these are some of the last pictures I ever took from my little point and shoot camera. Had a sad mishap this week with a bottle of water spilling down into the bag it was in. Hope the new one I ordered is good & gets here soon! I hate to be without a camera - even if I don't take as many pictures as I used to lately...

So grateful for this beautiful planet, my wonderful family, and pictures that help me remember the good times we have together!



Making wishes! (Mike says "I wish for more weeds!!!")



Lily and Sierra were a little less enthusiastic to eat lunch with the bugs than their parents were - even with oreos! Remember to bring a bigger blanket next time - thank goodness I brought this little one despite Mike saying we didn't need it! Sometimes mom's just know best.


This one is not particularly flattering of me, but I thought it was funny we happened to frame the kids in the background!

The girls held hands part of the way along the trail - it was so sweet I had to try to get a picture!


Family Selfie

Mother-daughter shot

My cute husband/best friend




"For you, mama!"

If you look close you can see Mike up there

And while Mike was taking a few rare photos of me..

The girls made the most of nature's playground and climbed to the top of this gigantic rock right in front of us.
 
Just doing a little exploring like all kids like to do...
Finding their way to the top of the biggest rock!
They made their Dad a little nervous, so he promptly climbed right up after them to make sure they got down safely when they were ready to come down. Probably a good idea with Lily's track record of broken & sprained ankles! ;)

I love these two cute girls, and am so grateful to be their mom!



I love their Dad, and am so grateful to be a family!
My oldest even let me hold her hand for a little bit on the walk back. (I handed my camera to Mike - who knows how much longer moments like that will happen!)
...and also enjoyed the cuteness that is six-year old Sierra!




So grateful for this beautiful day and for the many blessings I have. I hope I will remember it forever!
Happy Mother's Day and lots of daily gratitude to all the moms out there who are doing their best at this pretty wonderful, incredibly difficult job! Especially to my own mom, Mike's mom, and my grandmother's who have helped us so much, and set such wonderful examples for us as parents! I only hope to be as hardworking, dedicated and cool as they are by the time I hopefully get some grandkids of my own!

No comments: