Friday, September 22, 2017

Ups and Downs

This school year - this year all together has been full of ups and downs. I apologize for not posting more of the ups we've had going on this year, which is what I traditionally like to focus on.... Sometimes the downs kind of paralyze me. Sometimes I swear when it comes to something that is working right, especially with my kids - if I post about it online...it is just like asking for it to go wrong. ...I know that is ridiculous and superstitious, but it happens often enough to make me wonder ;)

I want to back track and record more of our family's memories, but I'm not making any promises at the moment. I'm giving myself a little mercy on this because life is so crazy and complicated, and I just need a little mercy right now. 

Anyway...wanted to share a some cute pictures from this morning as Lily got ready for her 1st Crazy Hair/Pajama day this year. An up moment for sure. We did cupcake hair because we didn't have time for her usual crazy sticky out braids.





And while I'm at it I'll share a little family-funny related to ups and downs.

When Lily sees this out the window:


 it's the ups truck (pronounced like the word not separate initials)

and this:













she pronounces "Little Casers"

It's such a family joke we all say it now. 

She comes by it honestly. When my mom saw a sign like this when she was little:










she'd pronounce it Anti-Q's.  ....or maybe that was me - it could've been both of us!

Well, that's it for today. There is real work to be done. Hope life is treating you well :)

No comments: