So here are Lily's 1st day of school pictures from earlier this week:
Happy 4th grader!
Lily got braces at the end of the summer - here are a couple extra pictures of that:
Loved this picture I found on Mike's phone:
Such a beauty!
We had an interview with Sierra's teacher yesterday and went to the school's Open House/Ice Cream social last night, but the first day of Kindergarten didn't start until today.
And the moment you've all been waiting for...
Sierra's 1st day of Kindergarten!!
All ready with her gear!
This backpack is a little heavy!
She's got this!
Lily was not too excited to have to stop to have her picture taken
so you can see her smile is a little strained ;)
Sierra comforting pat says: You can do it, Lily ;)
Lily really didn't want to have to take another picture with the bear!
(and other kids walking by) Ha ha!
Sierra didn't mind :)
My baby!
Hoping this little love has a great day today! I miss her so much already, but I didn't cry until her dad started talking about how much harder it was dropping her off than it was when it was Lily (because he felt like he hasn't had as much time to play with her as he did with Lily). The tears started to flow, and I noticed a couple of other red-faced moms in the parking lot as we headed to our car. I think she will thrive in Kindergarten, she loves to be active and be with other kids, and was definitely getting bored at home. Here's hoping I can learn to juggle working and being a mom and not get burned out this year! Maybe I'll be an even better mom than before...? We will see... I sure hope so! Lots of changes going on!























1 comment:
Sierra had a great day hunting for gingerbread men cookies around the school just like I did on my first day of kindergarten long ago. Lily was not as happy this afternoon - thi s comes from me posting a positive thing online - I swear it always turns on me. All the 4th graders had to hold a real human brain and get there pictures taken with it, and it turns out they are going to be talking about brains all year. Lily said the teacher talked about brains all day and it made her so sick at one point she had to go to the health office. She is so sensitive to talking anything she deems gross or scary - she absolutely freaks out. I have no idea what to do about it.
Post a Comment