Saturday, July 16, 2016

8 is Great!


It finally happened - I have an 8 year old! I couldn't let this milestone pass without posting about it. Eight is a very special birthday for members of our church because 8 years old is considered the age of accountability -- when a person becomes old enough to really understand right and wrong and can choose to be baptized. My baptism day was a very special memory for me, and I've hoped Lily would have good memories of hers as well. Just having her Grandma and Grandpa from California who we love and miss so being around so much was a good starting point! Having the people you love around you is all you really need!

Lily drew what she wanted for her dress and I made it.










Lily wanted a pirate themed birthday so I thought a treasure chest birthday cake with "pieces of eight" would go nicely. We let her invite everyone she wanted to because surely they all wouldn't be able to make it on a summer afternoon, but everyone came! It was a quite a large group and Lily actually wants to go smaller next birthday because of it --- which it perfectly alright with me! We had a party at home with a bouncy house and treasure hunt and Mike made the pinata. We didn't really plan that much in the way of party games, but just let the kids make their own fun. It was so nice having all the family that could come attend, even though some of them live close everyone is so busy we don't get to see them enough!










I am so glad to be Lily's mom! She is one special, sweet little girl!


No comments: