Sunday, August 14, 2016

Green Beans

I've been avoiding my computer lately. Just uploaded a bunch of photos and these were some of my favorites! Not a dull one in the group. My kids should be models -- they can be so entertaining! -- if only they were more cooperative when you don't want them to be silly :)








While we're on the subject of these silly sisters I'll add a few random fun things they've said that I found scribbled on a paper in my desk.

These are old, but cute anyway..

Once when trying to reinforce her manners I asked Sierra: "What's the magic word?" Her reply: "Poof!"

"What kind of ice cream do you want, Sierra?" answer: "I want the chicken pox!" (She meant Moose Tracks)

Called kiwi - zukiwi (Sierra)

When potty training I offered her a little treat for a reward, but said no to her request for a lollipop. She was not happy and kept saying shaking her head with a glare as I offered other smaller candies. "Cawwots...cawwott potty tweat." she said, grabbing some from the fridge and stalking off. (which was hilarious and totally ok with me!)

These are from quite a long time ago! Here's another:

One evening Lily, Sierra and Mike were all playing hide and seek in our bedroom while I rested on the bed. At one point Lily was hiding really well in the closet or something. She was making a little noise as a hint to her location. Mike asked Sierra: "Where's Lily?" Sierra asked back with all seriousness and a little lilt at the end: "Is Lily in Mommy's tummy?

One day during a shopping trip to the Party Store Lily was taking a look at big lollipops in the Over the Hill party aisle. She pointed out the difference between two types of lollipops to her dad... "This one has 60 sucks, this one only has 50 sucks.

Here are some more recent ones things I found saved on my Ipod (from March)

Lily and Sierra were coloring at the table one afternoon. Lily was offering to give Sierra a drawing lesson -- talking to Sierra about .."what have you been wanting to draw? You just copy me.." 3 year old Sierra cut in with a tone of exasperation: "I've been trying to copy you for years!" 

One day when I was in the middle of some project Sierra called excitedly from the other room: "Mom, you have to come see this! I have powers!" A few minutes later when I came in to see her performance (not quick enough for her) She declared: "It's cancelled." :( 

These girls are growing up too fast for me to keep up with! And summer is slipping away too soon! Hope to post some more memories soon :)

No comments: