This March has been a hard month! It feels like one hard thing after another with our immediate family plus news from extended family. Mike built a shed in our backyard and pushed it so hard trying to fight the spurts of rain and finish quickly so he could get back to his regular work he totally hurt his back. I had just recovered from some severe back pain of my own earlier in the month. Lily got strep, then after her course of antibiotics finished broke out with a strep rash - back to the doctor for stronger medications...Reengage Mom's germophobic cleaning schedule... Mike can barely move...I'm running around trying to keep up with everything..I fall down the stairs trying to rush medicine over to Lily's school --Luckily I just got bumps and bruises and painful though they were I could keep going. With all of this going on our Easter weekend did not start off with a spotless house or a lot of energy and enthusiasm like I usually feel this time of year! But we are alive and kept up with some fun traditions and helped the girls to have a good holiday. And I got a good nap in myself after all the festivities were over Sunday afternoon.
This year we did our egg hunt on Saturday to avoid the rain. I think I like it better that way anyway because then Sunday can be more restful like it should be :) It was a little chilly, but the girls had so much fun running around after eggs -- though I think we had just as much fun watching them. We hid 2 golden eggs this year in an effort to sidestep a little drama.
But as the girls were sitting down to explore their full baskets one last regular egg was spotted in the yard. Lily's longer legs led her to it first and a tearful little sister trailed behind.
With no prompting Lily went straight for Sierra's basket and plopped it in there to appease her sister. It worked immediately - tears were replaced with happy smiles! -By both...
...You could see Lily was pleased with her decision to share. I was too :)
I remember never really believing the tales about how much drama daughters brought... I mean, I was a girl and not so terribly dramatic as girls go... (Pshaw). But since having daughters of my own I get it. I know it's even partly my own fault (Shhh!) I can even better remember some of my own youthful extremely emotional episodes as I witness some of theirs. Daughters bring drama, they just do. But I love them. And if I can avoid getting swept along on the emotional rollercoaster - they can be pretty entertaining too :)
![]() |
| Sometimes they look like two peas in a pod! |
![]() |
| Money! |
Peas in a pod again :)
(showing blue teeth and tongues from their Ring pops)
After the egg hunt we dyed eggs (since we were too worn out to get to that before) then made our little rice krispie nests with robin egg candies and peeps birds. I made a bunch of smaller ones to give to my Sunday school students.
Ha ha ha!
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!




































1 comment:
That sharing picture was the custest thing ever! Love those big siblings that take care of the littles! :)
Post a Comment