Friday, November 13, 2015

Cream of Chicken and Rice Soup and Our Favorite Rolls

Got this recipe from a sweet friend in our old ward who made it for us last year when I was feeling really crummy. I made it this week hoping it would kick Mike and Sierra's colds to the curb. Sierra turned up her nose, but the rest of us enjoyed it with some homemade rolls. 

I've been thinking I should share more recipes because I am always looking for something fresh to make for dinner when we get bored of the same old things and I sure appreciate coming across good recipes from real people.

Cream of Chicken and Rice Soup 
Eralee Jordan

1 zucchini, 1 carrot grated
1 sweet Vidalia onion
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
4 c. chicken broth
4 c. milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 c. cooked rice
3 c. cooked chopped chicken (to make it really easy you can just cut up 2 Costco rotisserie chicken breasts)
1 Tbsp basil
pepper and salt to taste

Simmer 30 minutes.


My Favorite Roll Recipe while we're at it!

Roll Dough
Kris McKinney

Put in saucepan till butter melts:
1 c. milk
½ c. butter
¾ tsp. salt
½ c. sugar

Put in bowl, add:
3 eggs beaten

1 T yeast
1/3 c. water              
1 Tbsp. sugar

Flour to make soft dough (4 ¾ - 5 ¼ cups flour).

Bake 350° 15 minutes
Brush tops with butter while hot.

I made my rolls with rapid rise yeast this time to save time. Shape into dough ball and allow the first rise for only 10 minutes, form rolls and allow to rise 25 minutes more before baking. Turned out a little different taste and texture, but still yummy!

No comments: