Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sierra Smiles

It's been a crazy, stressful, painful week! But I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel as the antibiotics work to bring down the swelling from infection in my face from a double root canal redo I had last Tuesday. Who knew mouth pain could be so painful!? - this was up there with childbirth! I have been barely making it! I'm feeling a little more pain as I type so I really really hope it's not coming back! The night after my root canal Sierra accidentally got punched in the stomach and then not 5 minutes later stung by a bee! She had a little of what looked like heat rash on her skin, but the next day it had grown so Mike took her to urgent care thinking it was an allergic reaction - it was - to strep! That was totally unexpected - she'd barely been coughing a little in her sleep for a couple of nights! So with my pain & infection and hers she and I have been on a crazy medicine schedule to get better. She's had a good attitude and energy level all along (aside from feverish moments at first) and seems to be completely better now, but I just started feeling more like myself again today. I hope it sticks. We have a birthday party for my big seven year old on Saturday!

Anyway, looking through our photos from this month there were so many cute ones of my baby girl, including her smiling through her bee sting so I thought I'd dedicate a post to her. I will do a birthday one for Lily after her party.

Here's my smiling sweet Sierra! -with a bee sting....


 it was a big red lump under there so she's a trooper!

 Did her hair up in french braids while she was on the tail end of her fever.
She hardly ever lets me do her hair & she looked so cute!




 Bringing me a flower. I love these - she is such a beauty!!



With one of her first drawings that actually look like something!
Isn't it awesome!? (This is Pirate girl with her treasure map)


 (talking with Grandma Kathy on the way to the lake in the car)




So proud of my silly, smart, sweet little girl!

No comments: