We had a little family party today at my parent's house to celebrate the little bit of Irish in us and just to get together! The little girls were having so much fun I got some cute photos of them to share. Lily is such a party lover, and just loves her cousins so much! She was looking forward to them coming over all day, and yesterday actually - from the moment my mom decided to have the party! I had out some Irish dance music I checked out from the library and she was practicing her steps to everyone and getting some ideas of what Irish dancing was like from me and her Grandpa. ...Making plans for an Irish dance festival in the front room. She said: "Mom, watch this - I know all 3 Irish dances!" and she showed me her three different ways of jumping and kicking her legs out and holding her arms. It was pretty cute and funny
- that's my Lily! Too bad she fell and hurt her knee and spent the first part of the party begging to be pushed around in a stroller like an invalid. Aujinay was so sweet to oblige. (Lily felt better and forgot about it halfway through, so they ran around the backyard like wild things and did do a little dancing by the end.) In honor of St. Patrick's Day I thought I would share what is probably Lily's longest Kindergarten journal entry so far. (It's just supposed to be 1 or 2 sentences practice writing.) She comes up with them all on her own and she wrote this one about a week and a half ago. She did ask how to spell leprechaun, but pretty much took it on her own from there. Great job, Miss Lily! (Snuck a video of her reading most of it, even she had a little trouble making out some of it.)
It begins: 6 little leprechauns sitting in a tree. 1 fell out and hurt his knee. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said: No more leprechauns sitting in a tree. 5 little leprechauns sitting in a tree. 2 fell out and had an icecream...
Lily can take it from there :)
My two cuties ready to party!
Cousins on the swing
Sierra joining the girls in Hide and Seek "..5,6...Here I come!"
Audrey, Auji, and of course, Bunny Boo!
Hope you all have a great Monday! I do love green!
No comments:
Post a Comment