Lily was ready to make Valentines several weeks ago. She loves to do 'projects' with her mom. And since I am not always as creative with project ideas for a 3 year old as I should be - we've been ready for Valentine's Day since about the middle of January... At least we have the valentines ready to give to Lily's preschool class plus a couple friends - I only had 20 lollipops. And while we were in the valentine mood we peeled and shaved some old crayons to make wax paper hearts for a banner. The valentines ended up taking way longer than I expected them to, like such projects always do - so the banner did not get finished the same day. I hung it in our window a few days later and have been enjoying how it catches the sun. A Martha Stewart idea from way back.
I guess I should take some photos of the valentines as well. I tried to have Lily contribute as much as I could and still have them turn out cute. Lily colored construction paper and helped me with the crayons, and I cut out the pieces for the cards during her nap so she could help me glue them, and made a place for her to sign her name. We did finish the same day at least. I was pretty impressed that she didn't get tired of signing her name so many times before we were done. (I was totally expecting her to stop halfway through and say "This is bor-n!")
![]() |
| A sample of Lily's Valentines |
![]() |
| the flip side |
![]() |
This just shows how lazy I am getting that I didn't take them out the bag and lay them all out to take a picture. |
![]() |
| ...but this gives you an idea of the stack we made, and how many times Lily stuck to writing her name! I was impressed with her :) |


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment