Some photos of our tree:
![]() |
| (Devoid of gratitude) |
![]() |
| Putting up leaves |
![]() |
| (Waiting for our ride to preschool) |
![]() |
| Our tree getting closer to Thanksgiving |
Some close-ups:
![]() |
| Lily can write her name now, except for the Y - so she uses Q. |
![]() |
| Can't remember what this says, but it's not 'Lily -' it's something she was grateful for. Lily is often determined to be the one to write it! |
![]() |
| I helped with the Y's but just told her how to spell it otherwise. She's learning her letters - we are grateful for Starfall.com :) |
![]() |
| Oh the things kids are grateful for! |
![]() |
| I think I'll have to keep this one :) |
I'm thankful for...
"...all the cups I got."
"...for the lovely family I have...my Mommy, and my Daddy, and my Grandma, and my Grandpa, and Alex!"
"...for the Thankful Tree mom and I made together."
"...for all the lovely leaves I picked at the park."
"...for my lovely family (again)."
"...for church."
"...for Lamby."
"...for the living room." (Sometimes it's obvious she's just looking around the room for ideas)
"...Grandma and Grandpa."
"...for my friends Evie, Aujinay, Isaac, and Audrey, and Auntie Becca."
"...for my new bed."
"...that Christmas is coming!"
"...for my piggy bank with my money in it."
--Lily
"...for my wonderful family."
"...for hot running water and warm showers."
"...for sunshine."
"...for my happy childhood (and the parents who gave it to me)."
"...for sweet kisses from my little daughter." (She has the cutest way of giving kisses these days. She says: "I think something belongs to you..." and comes over and gives you soft kisses and hugs. So grateful for my sweet little girl!)
"...for Mike and the strength he is to me."
"...for naps!"
"...for holidays and reasons to celebrate throughout the year."
"...for yummy leftovers so I don't have to make dinner."
"...for prayer."
--Lissy
"...for Lissy and Lily."
"...for my new sketchbook."
"...for having some jobs."
"...for dancing with Lily."
--Mike
"...for Kathy and for everything and everyone she has brought into this beautiful family."
--Grandpa Larry
Just for fun - Some Pilgrims and Indians at preschool:
![]() |















1 comment:
Such a good idea! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I just may steal this tradition.
I think it's good that she's looking around for ideas of things to be thankful for. Not all our blessings are obvious.
Love the line before she gives kisses!
Post a Comment