Monday, November 28, 2011

A different kind of feast

I still haven't posted any pictures from Halloween. So I thought I'd start with these creative ways Lily used her Halloween candy this year. I can take no credit here. I found Lily laying out this spread the day after:


She was having so much fun playing with it and wasn't even trying to gorge on it, so I just let her play.


It's kind of funny showing pictures of Lily's Halloween candy, because she didn't really get to eat all that much of it. One night she got the idea to make a gingerbread house with it - her creative way to get the bag down out of the closet. We were doling out just a little each day, and only if she kept her panties dry all day... I was working on something, so she and her Dad looked around the house for graham crackers or something they could use. It ended up being crumbly club crackers. But hey, they did the job!


Her Dad let Lily put as much candy on the house as she wanted to, even sprinkling pink pixie dust snow all over it, just to use it all up. (He's the one who convinced her to get the giant pixie stick at the school carnival in the first place.)


Well, they had a lot of fun. Lily ate some candy while they were doing it, and picked off a few pieces the after, but after that it ended up in the trash. Sneaky dad -spends quality time, and gets rid of the candy!

Real Halloween pictures to come...sometime soon! Life has been a little extra busy. :)

No comments: