Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just a quickie

Found this scribbled on a paper on my desk, so before I toss it -- Lily said this one day at the breakfast table last week:

Lily: I love you in the air conditioning. (Looking up at the ceiling fan)
Me: That's a fan - do you mean the fan?
Lily: I love you with a fan.
Me: I don't know if I understand...
Lily: I love you up there with soda, and milk, and orange juice, and candy!

I thought that was a pretty good ending to an otherwise confusing conversation :)

Lily, I love you right up there with all my favorite things and a whole lot more! I loved all the sweet snuggles you gave me today, and the Eskimo-kisses, too. I love that even though you are getting so big, you are still small enough for me to pick you up and carry you around -like you want me to all the time!! I'll miss that. I hope you never get too big to hug your mom!

No comments: