Thursday, April 22, 2010

Where Go Easter Go?

This is what Lily has been saying ever since Mike hid her basket and plastic eggs away a couple of days after Easter.


She would probably still be carting it around if we let her. She keeps asking to hunt Easter eggs whenever anything reminds her about it.


Holidays are so much more fun with a little one around. It was so fun to fill Lily's basket with goodies and see the delight on her face with each fun new thing.

 
(I must admit dyeing eggs with her was not so fun...maybe next year)


Lily told Mike as they were playing with her Easter goodies in the hall.."I like bunnies!" As little sense as a candy-bringing, egg-laying bunny makes mixed up with our true reason to celebrate Easter...it was so fun :)


We let Lily do a pre-hunt Sunday morning to practice so she wouldn't be totally left behind when her older cousins were dashing around later in the afternoon. Here's a little bit of it - edited so that Grandma won't be embarrassed to be seen by all the world in her PJ's :)


Lily only had 12 eggs to practice with but she got the hang of it right away. I was impressed!



Gearing up for the big hunt! Note the look of intense concentration.


I wouldn't be surprised if in the afternoon hunt Lily actually found more eggs than her older cousins! ...but we will never know because she had more fun sorting them over into Audrey's basket than opening them up for the prize inside!


...I have a feeling that that sort of generosity will end with this year!


I don't think Isaac picked up as many eggs, because he was mostly interested in opening them up... so it probably evened out. We didn't bother to sort them out or count them except to make sure none were left outside.

I love general conference. I thought it might be kind of strange having general conference on Easter weekend because - for one: you get a pretty Easter dress and then don't have any place to wear it, and - more importantly: mixing up all these activities could make it pretty busy... and would I get a chance to listen? It was busy, but it was great! Having conference playing in the house brought the spirit more in the midst of all our fun activities of the weekend than it might otherwise have had. There was no way I could not think about the Savior listening to His prophets speak. And then the Earthquake in the middle of Easter dinner just made me think about Him more!
 

I couldn't resist putting Lily in a springtime dress even if we weren't going anywhere. (She looks so comfortable, doesn't she? Hee hee ) I tried to get a family photo, but the sun was so bright and Lily was so squirmy I wasn't really thrilled with how any of them turned out. Oh well...



I think my favorite photos of the day were of these two cute cousins playing in the dirt. 
 Not exactly a planned Easter activity, but where there is dirt to dig it is hard to keep these girls away!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! Love the pre-hunt idea.

Ruth said...

What a fun Easter! Isn't it amazing how fast kids learn how to find candy? And I love the little phrase she says that you titled the post. So cute. :)