Saturday, June 15, 2019

Barely Making It

I should just officially change the title of this blog to Barely Making It. I just have not had time to post on here since starting full time work. I feel like I hardly do anything but work these days. I overall love where I work, what I do, and the people I work with, but I feel like I'm letting it take over my whole life sometimes. I love my kids MORE, but I don't feel like they are getting me at my best. I know they aren't. It's just so hard not to be tired and crash at the end of the day - I've always been at my best in the mornings. The one plus is that I'm there until they head out the door to school, but I get home pretty late and there's not a lot of time or energy left in the evening. But I am trying to push through and keep chugging along.

Feeling like life is hitting us hard lately. I'm working, Mike is essentially going back to school at home to learn a new trade, and spending a lot of his "extra" time working on household projects. Then add the fact that Sierra and I have tested positive for several food allergies that are in almost everything we normally eat, fruit and vegetables excluded. It's so hard to relearn how to cook and get a picky kid and a picky ME to want to eat it. I feel like I just don't have time to figure it out...and the anxiety is running high. I need a vacation, and I'm afraid the one we have planned is going to be spoiled by not being able to eat at all my favorite places! Eating good is one of our favorite things to do and we made a big list of all our favorite places to eat out at and were jokingly calling it a 'Foodcation'...Oh, Felix's and the Yellow Deli....:::sigh::: ....I am just going to hope the Yellow Deli's got 100% rye bread that I can eat, and relish their super yummy salads. And I'm just going to have to go off my wheat free diet slightly to have Felix's fried chicken at least one time!

Oh, why do I have to love food so - and be so picky about what I love! Gluten free stuff is just not the same! I miss real wheat bread! I am getting ready to try my hand at wheat free homemade bread with oats and rye since we luckily aren't allergic to those..I just feel overwhelmed. I know it's going to be lot of trial and error, and it probably won't ever be as satisfying! I've been just cutting back for a while, but the past several weeks I've been really trying to cut it out all together. I've noticed it's improved some symptoms I've had over the years, but the past few days I've gotten a very bad stomach ache, and I'm pretty sure it's a lack of insoluble fiber in my diet. I think this change in the way we eat is going to be even more complicated than I originally thought, and I'm feeling mad that avoiding wheat is actually making me feel worse, and I'm missing out on delicious homemade rolls, pizza, cake, so many many delicious wheaty things....(even though I know it's probably just because I'm not doing it right). Anyway, that is a lot of whining for one woman and I should just buck up and get on with life somehow... Any tips on eating wheat free, deliciously, are welcomed. Or throw money this way, that might help, too. J/K ;) Gluten free products are so expensive!

No comments: