Thursday, June 22, 2017

Sierra is 5!

I can't believe my little baby girl is 5 years old and entering Kindergarten in the fall!

Where does the time go?

Wanted to take some time to remember fun things about Sierra right now in her life.

We are so happy to have her in our family. She brightens our days and we couldn't do without her.
She is my little love and I am going to miss her so much when she's in school next year, whether I'm distracted by a new job or not!

This is classic Sierra-style. One day after watching Matilda with her big sister she started wearing the bow tied on a headband I made her for her Goldilocks costume, and tying bows on other headbands.

She started combing her own hair, wetting it down a little in the bathroom to get it all smooth and adding a headband. I love that she is independent in this, because her big sister still doesn't comb her own hair!

I especially love when she wears one with the big silky bows. Such a cutie ;)






Sierra is not much of a fan of holding still to have her photo taken. She loves to make faces and be silly and make people laugh. She has actually told me before: "I love to make people laugh!"


Sierra had a little ice cream on her nose, but thought it would be funny to add pink ice cream cheeks when I started taking her picture :)
Lily had to get in on this one.

 She loves to pick out her own outfits and often changes clothes in the middle of the day. She and Lily still love to match when they can sometimes.

 They are really good friends, though they can be competitive and fight often too. 
It's the typical sibling relationship.

I call this photo: Little sister
Sierra did not look too enthusiastic to have her sister put underwear on her head, but she let her do it. 
She even made the best of it...witness super underwear girl:
 
Such a good sport!
She really loves her big sister!
And her big sister adores her. 

It makes me laugh when Lily runs to jump in to get a photo with her when Sierra is doing something silly or cute.

Here they dressed her up to be "Little Mommy"




...in jumps Lily. I love when Lily catches my eye over something her little sister does to make us smile. We love this little character!

Little Daddy

Wearing Dad's childhood cowboy hat

These are some pictures Lily took of Sierra dancing and playing one day:


^ This one makes me think of Snoopy :)

Sierra loves to play dress up and pretend


She packed a big bag of stuff up one day and somehow managed to get it to stay behind her on the big wheel.


She loves to play with dolls, but especially loves when she has a friend of her own over to play with. She loves to pretend to be a baby, but wants her turn to be the Mommy too.





Sierra can be very into all things girly, but she's not afraid of getting a little dirty in the name of fun or art. Mike showed her how to scrape the chalk into powder with a tool and mix it with water to make chalk paint one day and she kept herself happily occupied for hours!


She is quite a good little artist and sometimes expresses how she's feeling with a drawing or a note:


 Birthday card for a friend

Picture I got one day when she was feeling sad.

She keeps busy and hasn't napped since she was a tiny baby. She wouldn't sleep though the night when she slept at all during the day, but we might have a hard time getting her up for school in the morning...
Occasionally she will roll out of her bed and just keep sleeping on the floor ;)


Sierra is learning to read and write to get her ready for Kindergarten next year.


We are using the same book we used to teach Lily and she is doing really well. 
It's a little bit of a struggle at times to keep her focused, but not nearly as much of one as it was with Lily. Not sure if it's me or Sierra that's the difference. I am a little more experienced the second time around!

I love to see her trying to write things on her own and being excited as she remembers her letters and sounds and makes the connections with everyday words around her. Here's a lemonade sign she made one day all one her own:



(she also sharpened all of those pencils to use at her stand)


Sierra is my little love. She is always picking me flowers and making me cards. I love her smiling face and her hugs and kisses!

She has a few chores around the house and folding washrags is one of them. One day I asked her to fold the washrags and came back and found her like this. ...She fell asleep, but not until all the washrags were folded. Turns out she had a fever, because she rarely falls asleep during the day. It touched my heart that even though she wasn't feeling well, she didn't complain but finished her chore for me! 

Sierra, we are so grateful that Heavenly Father sent you to our family. We are so proud of your good choices. We love you more than we could ever say!

No comments: