Sierra and I took advantage of the sun the other day (...knowing a full week of rain was to follow), and got outdoors to work and play. The snow was so heavy this year it matted our grass down completely flat and there wasn't any sign of it popping up so I went through and raked it all up, and rejoiced over the bulbs we planted popping up all along our back fence. We have a few little perennials we planted that are turned to black mush so I'm thinking we'll have to replace them...but now we know which ones are the hardiest!
We pretty much just wear green to celebrate St. Patrick's day - no gift giving leprechauns over here thank you - and we're not really into corned beef and cabbage either, but we do like the color green and get a kick out of going around town seeing everyone dressed in it.
Mike even got into the spirit and wore green this year, and stepped it up by making cute shamrock shaped green pancakes for the girls. (I even saw a pretty rough looking guy walking down the street in a lucky charms shirt with a green kerchief tied on his head - walking, or swaggering...? But it's the kids the mostly make me smile - mine especially :)
This year I just bought some plain green shirts & paints to make our own designs on. Lily wanted to do hers all herself and Sierra picked out her design and I made a stencil and we did it together. It was a fun idea that turned out to not be as fun as I thought mostly because sometimes I can be a little bit too controlling, and so can Lily...but we got through it, and aren't they darling? these daughters of mine!
For kids that don't want their photos taken they sure can pose cute!
We do get a little bit excited about holidays!
Lily's shirt turned out pretty cute! Good job, Girlie!
They turned out pretty cute if you didn't look too close.
Lily decorated one of her own that turned out super cute!
We love having holidays to break the monotony and give us an excuse to celebrate life and be silly. I was not the brightest Mom and scheduled Sierra's kindergarten booster shots for today...Poor girl got poked even though she was wearing green! ...It's been a rough week for her with a dental filling, a blood test, and then shots! But I was prepared with distractions and tootsie pops and she did great and we got through it! I think she kind of enjoys Dr. visits because they are one of the few times I just let her go to town on my Ipod.
(Not wanting to get her picture taken)
Really, Mom?
I wear my sunglasses at night...
I guess the light in the room was just too much after a long day!
This girl cracks me up! :)




























No comments:
Post a Comment