Tuesday, May 3, 2016

;P

Misfortunes don't come one at a time. I think they travel in bunches. Sometimes you get a perfect lovely day that is like a blessing from heaven, and sometimes you get dumped on! Really most of life is a mixed bag - and I am lucky to have had such a wonderful one. I got to grow up in a good time, in a good country, raised by a great family who protected and loved me and great friends and teachers along the way. Sometimes the future looks scary, but it could be so much worse. I know I am so blessed, but regardless I am feeling a bit stressed right now. Sierra got strep and her birthday is this week. We got her started on antibiotics so the doctor says she should be better by her party, but Lily's wasn't when she had it a month ago (it dragged on)...so that (worrying about party plans), and keeping a watch on her fever, cleaning and hoping none of the rest of us get it is making me a bit stressed! Add a plumbing problem beneath our shower leaking into the ceiling in our garage, 3 kids being sent home for throwing up in Lily's class yesterday, and my regular everyday stress levels and I just don't feel like I can focus to get anything done at the moment. I feel like I'm just waiting for too many ifs to be resolved before I can proceed with something, but whether or not things are major priorities there are too many things to do around here to just sit still. So I better make a new list for today and get to work! Snuggling my sick baby (almost 4 year old) girl might make me feel a bit better to begin with...Though she might not want me to interrupt her play. I wish I was as energetic when I feel sick as my children are! This is how she looks when her fever gets high, but on fever meds she's bouncing around the house singing and playing.


Check out this crazy kid! We are very proud of how Lily's handling her broken ankle. Not letting it keep her down. Don't think she'll need her crutches too much longer :)



Off to accomplish something...make it a great day!

No comments: