Time is marching on. I was looking back through old blog posts and photos of my kids and how much they've grown over the last year or so. They look so much older to me! And have grown in so many ways. My baby is not such a baby! She's about half as tall as me and Lily's even taller! Sierra's been attending a little dance class and can be so independent at times. Tonight she shared 2 of her stuffed animals with her Dad and I because we didn't have any, and she sang Angels We Have Heard on High to tuck me in. It was super cute. One of those times you wish you had hidden cameras you could signal to start recording because you wish you could save it, but don't really want to spoil the moment. I just drunk it in and shared smiles with her big sister over her lyrics - she is so stinkin' cute! They both are.
I made homemade granola for the first time today. It was good! More nuts & a little more vanilla next time. Thinking about making my own granola bars in the future.
I am getting closer to finally making a quilt for Sierra. Too late to do a baby size one so I am skipping ahead to twin size and planning one for Lily at the same time, and maybe a new one for us too because ours is pretty tattered. Need to make some pillow shams, and bed skirts and new curtains. And a doll like my old Lisa my mom made that I passed on to Lily for Sierra, and finish that dress, and... Hoping my over-ambitiousness doesn't halt my progression... Trying to make shorter action lists just for one day at a time so I don't feel overwhelmed :) Most days it's just the day to day household stuff and no special extra projects for me before I'm wiped out. Trying to not go to bed when my kids do, and not stay up too late when I do stay up. Here I am doing that very thing. It's hard to balance! Wonder what it's going to be like when my kids are teenagers staying up later themselves... Wish I could freeze time sometimes and get more things done and get my sleep in! Ah, life :)

No comments:
Post a Comment