Sunday, June 29, 2014

Beach Partay!

Our ward beach party was tonight and we needed something fun to do so we put all fears of radioactive particles floating over from Japan aside and headed to the beach! It was so nice. So nice. Though mostly overcast, the sun winked at us a few times. Ever sunny in SM - we forget about June gloom until we head west! But despite a little breeze it was so pleasantly warm. Our family really needed it. Aside for that one awesome afternoon jumping off the edge of sand dunes into the soft sand below with my friends - I could take or leave the beach as a teenager - never felt great in my swimsuit or cared much for getting all covered in sand, and I'm not really a great swimmer. But since being married the beach has become sort of an escape for us. A peaceful place when we just need to get away. I have so many fun memories of going there with my family. I love it. I love the smell of it. I love the steaming hot shower on my skin after being out in the sun, sand, wind and water. Best feeling ever. So grateful for the natural beauties of this earth that refresh the soul!

Here's some photos from today...

 Heading out - can't get over the cuteness of this girl!

 Scenes like this are giving me flashbacks to little Lily!

 But Sierra definitely has a personality all her own!


 
 Looking so mature little-Girly!

 Giggling over the waves.

 Looking for pretty stones

 My three sand artists!







 It is really hard to catch Lily smiling and looking my way long enough to get a photo, but when her friends started showing up she was all smiles! Definitely need to get this girl together with friends more this summer!
1
 2
3
 4!
 Smiley Sierra and her little friend Leslie


"Baby!" - Sierra loves all things baby...caught her pointing at one here. You could pretty much just call something the "baby ______" and she will go for whatever it is. (Aww, baby!)

I love my kids so much! So happy to see them have so much fun today!

No comments: