Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Good Ideas Gone Bad

Over the course of my life I have had many of them, but I'm not about to recount them all. Can't change the past and would much rather look to the future. Just thought I would share two good ideas gone bad that have come up over the last couple of weeks.

#1. Shampoo - Pretty sure I tried this before and forgot about it until after I tried it again... Just to remind myself and warn others - it is not a good money-saving idea to mix water with your shampoo. I love me my olive oil salon shampoo and every year or so I go stock up because the bottle is huge and you can get a second bottle for half off. This time I thought - I'll save even more $$$ this time and mix water half and half with the shampoo once I empty one bottle - the first ingredient on the label is water anyway and with that spout cap it always squirts out just a little too much! Great money saving idea, right!? Wrong. Should have tried mixing it before filling it up half and half - it's running right through my fingers before I can get much up to my head. The good thing is - I waited to mix the second half. And I figured out I can lift it up and squirt it directly onto my head. Still - won't make that mistake again.

Bad/Good Idea #2. The brilliant space saving bed scheme. We live with my parents while we are trying  to get our future plans in order and save for a house. 2 rooms, 4 people. Bedrooms, office, sitting room and pantry all contained therein. Well, when we were expecting Sierra we hatched a plan to make room for her and maintain the little bit of extra space we had by giving up our King Size bed for a time and sleeping on a twin trundle. It could double as a couch and we'd each still have the same amount of space as we did on the King. We could have more floor space during the day and when we moved we could just put them together in a king size frame with a big cushy mattress cover over top and have an easier to move King again! Well, what's good in theory does not always work well in practice. 3 much too expensive and not very comfortable twin mattresses later (nicknamed the beds of pain) we are back together on a queen…dreaming of our more comfortable old King. The factory mattresses feel nothing like the floor models! Do not by a 'Comfort-Pedic' regardless of whether it meets the standards of consumer reports!


No comments: