I'm so popular people actually cry when I leave the room. I can hardly even take a bathroom break. They can't stand to have me leave their presence even for a moment! These people that is: (Particularly the little one.)
Sometimes the "popularity" gets to me and when I find myself alone in the bathroom or the upstairs bedroom putting things away - and in that moment I just want to stay there and not come back out! Sometimes I feel like all I am doing all day is nursing Sierra, keeping her from climbing into all forms of trouble and danger, or cleaning up after and getting caught up in endless negotiations with Lily. And laundry, and if we're lucky a hot meal, and not getting enough sleep at night. Sometimes I feel that way...exhausted and dragged down. Then I remember a talk given by Lynn Despain in my ward at church, and I remember these are the days! She talked about the stages moms go through (young kids - teenagers - grown kids - &grandma) and how great it is to be the center of the home - to be needed and sought after by everyone in your family, and how that wouldn't always be the case. I remember that I need to enjoy the now. I need to enjoy each stage of life and what's unique about it. To keep a positive attitude. I know that nurturing these two darling children is the most important job I could ever have. Sometimes I feel like I am not doing so hot at it. It seems like other moms around me are doing such a better job, and I'm just keeping afloat marveling that all the things that I once wrote on my to do list must not be that important after all because life is going on and on without getting them done! And why can't I get more done? Is something wrong with me? Sometimes I am too hard on myself. I lose sight of the good things I am doing because I wish I could do so much more. A friend posted a link to this lovely article on her blog which I enjoyed and also want to share (-I swear I know this 'daring' woman from somewhere, college ward probably) Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts and give a shout out to my biggest fans! I love and adore you, and that I hope I live up to all your best expectations of me - and that we can be Best Friends Forever! And this I mean with more sincerity than any celebrity!
A Little Lost
4 weeks ago


1 comment:
Popular is a great way to put it!!
I need to remember it that way too. I think it well help me appreciate the present more, since it won't always be this way.
Post a Comment