Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Good Day

I felt like a good mom today. Nothing amazing happened - we didn't even leave the house, but it was such an enjoyable day at home with my kids - it felt amazing. Lily and I did reading lessons, had a dance party, read library books, and even did crafts. I made a point to tell my kids how much I loved them and what good kids I thought they were and how grateful I was to have them. I may have taken too many pictures of the baby, but if you saw all the degrees of cuteness you could hardly blame me...other than that I really tried to put my kids first, even before housework, and my house was actually cleaner by the end of the day than usual! I made a yummy experimental dinner - stuffed shells with shredded chicken, spinach, a little carrot and Parmesan and cottage cheese baked in an Alfredo sauce with diced tomatoes and bacon sprinkled on top. Mike said it was restaurant quality and even Lily liked it. Lily ate spinach! Lily ate something other than Peanut butter and Jelly or a corn dog!!! Any mom would be proud. She ate a couple of bites and then gave me all these hugs and told me she loved me. (Yes, I do need to cook more.) Oh, how I wish every day felt like today! Usually I feel ridden with Mommy guilt for all the things I could be doing and am not. For how not cool and not fun and not patient enough I am. I overwhelm myself sometimes wanting things to be just so, and they just can't be. Today wasn't like that...wonder why it's easier to just take things as they are some days more than others? I feel on a roll and just want to get more and more done! ...But if I stay up too late it will be too hard to be a good mom again tomorrow - so Goodnight! I'll put up some of those cute baby pictures later ;)

Whew - almost a week later, but here they are:














Two teeth!


Those eyes!

There you have it. There were more...I just can't help it! My finger keeps snapping away!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad you had a good day!! Re-read your post often so you can remember the good times on the next hard day :-) (I should take my own advice!)

brooke said...

That DOES sound like a nice day! I love it when that happens. Wish it happened more often for myself as well. Isn't it funny how we feel better when we actually go out of our way to spend more time with our children, and ultimately everything else feels better too?