Monday, December 12, 2011

Hanging in there

I know I haven't been blogging much lately, but wanted you all to know I'm still living! I am currently suffering from a pretty bad cold, worse because you are limited to what kind of medications you can take when you are pregnant - and I am probably even more paranoid about what's recommended than I need to be. Thank heaven for lotion tissues and Mike. He has been so helpful with Lily the last several days so that I can rest. Lily has been super sweet too. I feel so guilty not giving her as much attention as usual and expect her to be huffy with me, but then she just gives me kisses and tells me she loves me, my sweet girl! At least getting a cold right now means it will (hopefully) be gone by Christmas! I just hate getting yummy treats in my stocking on Christmas Day and not feeling like I can eat them because all the sugar will keep me from getting better. Christmas dinner just doesn't taste as good with a cold in the head either. I just want to feel good and be able to join in Lily's excitement on Christmas Day! I'm praying Mike and Lily don't get sick!

I definitely look pregnant now, and have past the halfway mark! (Sorry, no pictures) We have the ultrasound to find out if the baby is a boy or girl right before Christmas, so I am super excited for that Christmas present! Lily is growing up so fast, there are so many moments where I just have to stand back and look at her and marvel, and remember she is still only 3! We have some fun conversations about the baby. She talks to my tummy and points out things in the room to the baby. I explain that the baby can't see through my tummy, and that it doesn't know what those things are yet, but when he/or/she comes out he/or/she will know her (Lily) because he/or/she will recognize her voice. I'm really looking forward to knowing if the baby is a he or a she, because I just don't like calling a baby "it," and it sure gets tedious saying he/or/she all the time... Lily really wants a sister. (Boys are yucky - except her Dad, and Mikey, and all the other boys in her family when she thinks about it.) Mike thinks it's a girl - he was right about Lily... Just like before - I am holding out to know for sure. I wouldn't want my little baby up in heaven to think I didn't want it because boy or girl I will love it so much!

Less than 2 weeks to Christmas! Hope you all are having a merry month!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I keep meaning to post and ask how things are going, but usually I'm reading blogs and feeding Kendra at the same time so it's hard to type :-)

I hope you get over your cold soon-- feeling sick during Christmas is the worst!!

Can't wait to hear what you are having!