So I finally uploaded the video of Lily singing Rock-A-Bye Baby to the Lily Lingo post if you want to check it out. Since then I got another sample for you of several things I mentioned her singing or saying in that post. (Sorry it's so dark.)
Thought we had her cured of that...but, no - her instinct is to call her baby "Cwap."
The other day I told Lily the rhyme: Eeny Meeny Miny Moe, catch a tiger by the toe...If he hollers, let him go...Eeny Meeny Miny Moe! Lily started repeating after me right away so I said it over a few times with her and now she's got it down. I was amazed. Usually when she sings stuff like that she's off somewhere, but she's got this one down word for word. I've been thinking lately that it's funny that maybe part of why we think kids are so cute and entertaining is because of the way they get stuff wrong. Eventually we all grow up and start to sing or say a lot of things just exactly the same way as everybody else does. Boring! - but kids are innocent and cuter...when you get stuff wrong as an adult people just think you're ignorant or stupid. As an adult you have to be clever about getting stuff wrong. Anyway, I'm thinking I'd better come up with some more short rhymes for Lily to practice memorizing while she's interested. Any ideas?
Here are a couple funny pictures of Lily and Evie just because they are so cute. I'll get around to posting something about our trip to Yosemite eventually, probably. It seems like I just can't get caught up with my to do list these days and I'm feeling the pressure. Self-imposed though it mostly is it's still pressure. I am in awe of mothers everywhere and how they accomplish what they do. Right now I am barely making it, and sooner than I think Lily will be 2! Look at these faces:
Gloves and aprons on. Sneaking around on a Saturday afternoon.
Don't you just want to follow them?
Don't you just want to follow them?

4 comments:
Lily's such a little cutie pie! And yes, I do want to go following the girls to see what they're up to...what were they after?
I'm so glad you got her singing on video! :) What a smart little girl!
They were just climbing up a hill on our side yard where we just planted some flowers. Just creating their own adventures :)
So fun. You are a great mom.
Post a Comment