Lily woke up today and said: 'Beach, sandcastle, ducks.' I didn't even know she knew the word sandcastle. But I did know what she meant. Lily wanted to get outside. The only time she has been out recently has been getting dragged around Christmas shopping with us and then she is mostly in a car seat, stroller or shopping cart so it's not so fun for her. It has been so chilly and she was getting over a minor cold so I haven't even taken her out in the yard much in a while. So today we went to the park.
I took her early so hopefully she wouldn't fall asleep in her stroller on the way. She started to yawn as I strapped her in so I almost changed my mind... I booked it over there and kept reminding her about the slide and the swings so she would stay awake. Well, we must have gotten there a little too early... The slides were still soaked with dew. Note to self : Next early morning park excursion >Bring a towel.
So we swung for a while and it was pretty boring. The park just isn't as much fun without other little kids running around... but, after awhile they started to trickle in. I met another mom with a little girl slightly older than Lily who was super nice, and found out she probably lives right behind our backyard! Her husband was DJ Lance Rock for Halloween too, and her daughter was Toodee. How cute would she and Lily as Foofa have been together this year! So I'll have to call her up and get together some time. Lily played with some other little kid's toy cars and swung some more and I got to talk to other moms so we both had fun. So glad I went today.
Lily fell asleep on the walk home and now I have some time for my to do list! Better get cracking! I had to post a picture of Lily's outfit today. It is reminiscent of Punky Brewster, and it was my fault today, not Mike's. Anybody else's husband have no concern for matching? This actually sort of matched (stripes go with stripes), though it was laundry day and the pickings were slim. Sometimes clothes I have gotten from the randomest places just come together so cute on my girl. I love it.


No comments:
Post a Comment